Are you a passionate sports fan? Can you pick the right winner in a sports matchup?
Have you ever wondered how to start a sports blog and make money writing about your favorite sports, athletes, or fitness activities?
Then you’ve come to the right place because in this post I want to share with you 8 steps to start a sports blog in less than an hour from now. With a sports blog, you can easily make money online with little investment.
What is a Sports Bog?
A sports blog is a blog that publishes information about sports such as football, basketball, hockey, baseball, athletics, motor sports, boxing etc. There are many sporting activities to choose from when starting a sports blog.
In sports niche, there over 3,000 micro niches you can choose a topic from. All you need to do it to make an in-depth research on the niche before you start.
Reasons why Sports Blog is lucrative
- Low Competition: Sports is one of the very most lucrative niche that still remain untapped. Competition is low compared to other blogging niches.
- High Interest Rate: The audience for sport blogging is enormous, arguably one of the biggest online audiences. Because of this, this niche is so lucrative. It means that you will quickly have people who will be interested to read articles on your blog. Of course, you know that the more people you have on your blog, the more money you will make from your blog.
- High Cost Per Click Campaign: Sports niche have one of the best AdSense CPC if you will like to monetize ith with Google AdSense.
- High Affiliate Potential: Apart from high CPC, there are many affiliate marketing programs you can make money from in sports niche. There are many products you can sell or promote ranging from sports gears, accessories, to sporting skills or tips.
- Easy to Generate Contents: It’s easier to generate contents in sports niche since sporting information is available everywhere. You can hire content writers online to do the work for you if you cannot write.
How to Start a Sports Blog and Make Money from it
Choose your Niche
The first thing you want to do when you’re getting started is to come up with a specific niche, or topic, that you want to create your website about. Do a careful analysis of each niche and choose the one that will suit your interest.
Buy a Web Hosting and Domain Name
Once you have decided whether you want to go the niche or authority route, it’s time to come up with the name for your blog or website.
It can be pretty hard to find a name that you actually like, and it’s made even harder by the fact that some of the best domains (URLs) have already been taken.
Try to come up with a good list of different ideas in case some of your favorites aren’t available just so you have something to fall back on when it comes to choosing a blog name.
Here are some things to consider when you’re trying to name your blog:
- Use a .com suffix. This is the standard choice and people are a lot more familiar with .coms so it’s going to benefit you in the long run to use one.
- Don’t use any hyphens or dashes in the URL
- Try to come up with a broad name, rather than something hyper specific, so that you can write about a wider range of different topics if you ever want to
- You’re better off going with a shorter URL because they’re easier to remember and easier to brand as well
- Use basic words and avoid any words that are hard to spell or understand
- Try to come up with a memorable or unique name for your blog
Sports Blog Examples:
Install WordPress Blogging Software
After buying your web hosting and a free domain name, install WordPress blogging software on your web hosting server. WordPress is free. WordPress is the most popular and easiest to use content management system, or CMS, and it allows you to do everything you want to when it comes to blogging and sharing content with other sports lovers and enthusiasts.
Install a Sports Theme
A theme is the skin of your blog. It makes your blog to look nice and appealing to your readers. The good news is that they are ready made sports WordPress themes that you can buy and use.
Customize your Blog
After installing your theme, do few customization such as, setting up your permalinks, installing SEO plugins, and setting up contacts legal pages.
Publish Sports Articles
Now, your blog is ready, the next thing is to start publishing sport articles on your sports blog.
You can publish sports news, sports analysis, sporting events and fixtures, transfer gossips, live feeds and more. You can even choose to write about sporting men and women, sport gears and equipment… and so on.
Grow your Sports Blog
Your bog is live on the web, so make sure it’s visible to those who need your information. Make sure you submit your blog’s sitemap to Google and other search engines, use share buttons on your posts.
Also, create and grow your email list. You can even do social media advertising to promote your blog.
Monetize our Sports Blog
See how to start a sports blog and get paid. There are many ways to make money from your sports blog. You can apply for Google AdSense or other CPC advertising programs.
You an also choose to make money from Affiliate program as well as direct adverts for other businesses.
That’s it on how to how to start a sports blog and make money from it. Please share this post. If you want me to setup a sports blog, kindly hire me. If you have a feedback, kindly use the comments section below. I will respond asap.